The following articles are available for review. Please contact us if you’d like to see about reprints or using an article in your publication.
“Cultural drift or Cultural Shift,” Karen Stephenson, Color Magazine, February 2012.
- Why change fails
- Case studies
- Cultural shift
- The role of hubs, gatekeepers, and pulse-takers
- Three prototypical patterns
“From Tiananmen to Tahrir: Knowing One’s Place in the 21st Century,” Karen Stephenson, Organizational Dynamics, Vol. 40, Issue 4, October – December 2011.
- Social networks and world events
- Cultural evolution, technological revolution, and social connection
- Trust in the workplace
- The face of culture
- The principle of homophilly
- Egocentric networks
- Cultural drift and shift
- The end of the office
“Paradox of Diversity 2012,” Karen Stephenson, Color Magazine, 2011.
- Why can’t we all just get along?
- Case 1: J.P. Morgan
- Case 2: UCLA
- What made the difference?
“Karen Stephenson’s Quantum Theory of Trust,” Art Kleiner, strategy + business, issue 29.
- Trust and learning
- The organization chart versus the human network
- Anatomy of a network
- Double-helix management
- Analyzing interdependencies
- Varieties of knowledge resources
- Trust and transactions
“Trusted Connections,” Karen Stephenson, World Business, October 2006.
- Parallel universes: corporate authority and trusted networks
- Organisational personality types: Hubs, Gatekeepers, Pulsetakers
- The speed of trust
“The Community Network Solution,” Karen Stephenson, strategy + business, issue 49.
- Relationships trump rank
- Cultural topography
- Community heroes
- The Philadelphia Community Connectors
- The triads of trust
- Connecting the Connectors
“The Queen of Connect,” An interview with Karen Stephenson, Freelancing Matters, September 2011.
- The role of freelancers
- Visualise and measure networks
- The survey
- Referrals of trust
“Social Capital Analysis: A Powerful Tool for HR Professionals,” Lyle S. Hanna, SPHR, KYSHRM Magazine, September 2011.
- The history of Social Network Analysis/Social Capital Analysis
- Lyle Hanna meets Dr. Karen Stephenson
- Dr. Karen Stephenson, pioneer in Social Capital Analysis
- Social Capital Analysis as a powerful HR tool
- Results from Social Capital Analysis projects
“The Power of Connection,” Cathy Fyock, CSP, SPHR, KYSHRM Magazine, September 2012.
- Types of organizational power
- Social capital analysis
- The value of connectors
- Who are connectors?
- Connector competencies: trustworthiness, accessibility, influence